Streamline your selection process for a colocation facility.
Colocation is the perfect fit for those who want to:
- modernize their data centers,
- add additional capacity,
- develop cloud strategies,
- experiment with edge computing,
- connect to digital partners, or
- test a new business case with minimal capital investment.
The benefits of using a colocation facility are largely financial, but they are not without risk. These facilities each offer differing benefits at different costs and contractual terms. To avoid the risk of a poor choice, clearly understand your requirements before engaging the market.
The process of selecting a colocation service provider incorporates and prioritizes a litany of details. There’s no standardization in the market today so no two facilities are the same. David-Kenneth Group’s approach helps to simplify the process into three stages.
Three Stages of Site SelectionStage 1: Identify Requirements
- Identify colocation decision drivers
- Identify risk avoidance priorities
- Evaluate current environment
- Evaluate future environment
- Prioritize site selection criteria
- Select optimal geographic sites
- Identify facility providers meeting criteria
- Prioritize facility providers meeting criteria
- Issue RFP
- Review responses and create short list
- Site visits
- Select provider
- Negotiate contract